By Aislinn De'Ath

By Aislinn De'Ath
Click on my face to link to my vlog!

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Miss. Motivator and the psychic lady

Oh dear Reader, a dreadful thing has occurred. It is 11.20 and I am in bed, looking at websites that have funny pictures and video game references. I don't even play video games. I have an essay still to write and a series of cover letters to compile yet still I lounge around in bed like a slightly turgid turnip. Earlier the bell rang and I grudgingly had to go open it in my dressing gown. The postman looked at me with a disapproving frown as if to say 'Young lady, it is 10am on a wednesday, why are you not dressed and actively seeking work?' I felt pretty ashamed, but not ashamed enough to go do a work out and look up call centres that might like to hire me. Instead, I got back into bed and read a copy of 'Bella' that my mum had left outside my door for me. Reader, I am scared I am becoming that awful cliche', the layabout student.

Funnily enough, just writing this is making me want to get up and do things. Eat breakfast for example. And then go sit in my Dad's office and start brain storming cover letters. It still doesn't make me want to do a work out though, but then again few things do.

I'm not too worried though Reader, as last night I visited a Psychic (using the last of my birthday money, the rest is going on recording my voice reel). And I have to say, it was an altogether positive experience! I left feeling quite smug, perhaps she sensed that I'd believe anything she said so long as it was that I'd do well. But still, apparently the next three months are going to bring great things in terms of work, so I'll keep you updated. She also said I'd be getting loads of money, and moving house within the year. Woo hoo! I was just dreaming the other day about winning the lottery, so that would be nice. Bit of cash to give back to the parents after all their support and I could even pay for my brother's uni fees so he wouldn't have to get himself ridiculously into debt.

The thing is Reader, although I sneer a bit at it, I do actually have quite a bit of faith in that lady's predictions because she got some other bits and bobs (which I won't tell you due to them being juicy family secrets etc) really really right. In a vaguely scary way. And apparently my great grandparents are looking out for me, which is lovely, especially as one of them I never got to meet when she was alive. Just had a terrible thought, what if they've seen the morning routine of dancing in my pants? Oh dear... sorry great-grandparent-ghosties...

Right, I am starving now and I want to get the ball rolling with my exotic and wealthy future, so I shall sign off and get working!

Bye chaps and chapattis!
Ash
x

1 comment:

  1. p.s Readers, quite a bit later and I'm still in my dressing gown...oh dear....

    ReplyDelete