LESSONS LEARNT FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH
- Sabrina is kind of a douche. She cheats on poor Harvey with two different guys, uses her magic to give her a massive advantage at school and then constantly complains about her life.
- Harvey is adorable but a bit of a doormat-he's always acting like it's ok that Sabrina treats him like he'll do till someone better comes along. Saying that, he's way sweeter than most boys I knew when I was a teenager! Kisses on the cheek, taking her out for dates-the girl got LUCKY!
- Buuuut she never 'got lucky'. For the first couple of seasons of Harvey and Sabrina dating, all they do is hold hands. Yes. Seriously. Aged 16 and hand holding is portrayed as practically scandalous.
- Vice Principle Kraft has a straaaange relationship with the bully, Libby. So flirtatious I'm pretty sure the Daily Mail would have a field day.
- The kids are all awfully thin given that they eat enormous trays of burgers and fries for lunch every day then go to the pizza place every evening (were there no chubby kids in the 90's? Apparently not!')
- Her 'Spinster' aunts are ridiculously gorgeous and fun-and still can't get dates. Oh good.
- The show has THE BEST supporting cast. Turk from Scrubs is Sabrina's date for a whole season, Brain Cranston, Paula Abdul, Coolio, Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys....every episode has a least one moment of whooping and pointing at the screen.
- Josh (the college boy she crushes on, and her boss at the coffee house) is DREAMY (and definitely much older than a college kid)
- There are constant jokes about how the actress who plays Hilda is Canadian (and very obviously so. More 'Oots' than you could shake a stick at)
- Prunes and prune juice are seen as PRIME HUMOUR.
- For a show that preaches being yourself, Sabrina is CONSTANTLY changing herself. Like-EVERY EPISODE.
- The Salem puppet is actually pretty amazing for its time
- Season 4 is ever so slightly heartbreaking-even if Sabrina did bring it on herself by kissing Josh when she was still with Harvey
- Sabrina is a big fan of twinsets. Matching tops and cardies ALL OVER THE PLACE.
- I still wish I had witchy powers!
Go back and watch it Reader, it's aged remarkably well!