By Aislinn De'Ath

By Aislinn De'Ath
Click on my face to link to my vlog!

Sunday 16 January 2011

Dancing in a sombrero with soda bread in my gob

Hello chaps,

Am writing this post from my bed, with a hangover that has loosened a couple of teeth and is making my eyes vibrate in their sockets. Which is surprising really as I didn't actually drink that much last night. Have a sneaky suspicion that the bar man was giving me doubles. Naughty bar man. Bad. Go sit on the naughty step. I realise that this seems unlikely but the drinks WERE really expensive and I did get VERY drunk VERY quickly. Or it could be that it was just a London pub and I'm an epic lightweight. (I really enjoyed the Caps Lock BUTTON use there)

Great party though. It was my Irish uncle Mike's 50th and he's rented out a sort of event room/glam scout hut at the back of one of our locals and filled it with fairy lights. My entire Irish family was there, so it was pretty rocking given their love of a good bash. We had Tom Lynch (plays lots of rock stuff on his handy guitar/harmonica combo and slips in some classics like Galway Girl which had my nan banging on the table with glee), a Spanish band (some might say a surprising choice for what was essentially an Irish party, I disagree, the Spanish and the Irish go together like cheese and sweet chilli sauce. NOM.) and my uncle Tim on the dj decks. A decidedly good time was had by all. I particularly enjoyed drunkenly dancing with my 6 year old cousin, my 8 year old 2nd cousin and my 22 year old college friend whilst wearing sombreros. Then I made a film writer buy me and my friend shots. MWA HA HA, the power!

OH GOD MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!! It's just kicked in. Utter hell.

So where was I? Oh yeah, the party. I think one of my fave bits was the food. My nan had hired this lady from the irish centre to sort out the buffet, and I think it's fair to say that it was....Irish. There was a meat layer, then a potato layer, then a bread layer. I think my three cheese and caramelised onion tart felt a bit out of place. Poor tart. To be fair, the woman had hidden it in with the desserts. I think she was worried it would upstage her potato salad.

I'm off now. Dad's making me a hangover brekkie. Nom. nom. nom.

Tarrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment